There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
A chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to your skin to removing layers creating a controlled wound response resulting in the stimulation of new cell growth. The skin that grows back is smoother, tighter, and more evenly toned leaving you in healthier glowing skin.
Your Reveal team uses chemical peels to treat wrinkles, discolored skin, and scars — usually on the face but other areas of the body can be treated. Peels can be done alone or combined with other cosmetic procedures, and they can be performed at different depths, ranging from light to deep. Our skin care professionals will discuss which type of peel will be right for you because some clients want to “see” their skin peeling as to other do not want it noticeable at all!
Glycolic Acid Peel
- Glycolic acid peels slough off the surface and middle layers of skin, removing dead skin cells, debris and the lipids that hold dead skin cells together.
- Loosens and lifts excess oil from hair follicle roots, which is why it is often used to treat acne.
- Suppress the melanin production, beneficial for reducing dark spots.
Lactic Acid Peel
- Great for sensitive skin
- Hyperpigmentation, age spots, and other factors that contribute to a dull and uneven complexion.
- Improvs skin tone and reduced pore size
Salicylic Acid Peel
- Reduces oils, improves skin appearance.
- Not for individuals with an Aspirin allergy
ZO 3-Step Peel
- In-office treatment followed by an at-home treatment that produces longer lasting results than ordinary peels
- Provides epidermal renewal and dermal stimulation.
- Patient-friendly peel for everyone, any akin type or color
- No sedation required.
- Supports skin barrier function.
- Improves skin’s ability to repair and renew itself.
- Provides antioxidant protection, DNA repair and anti-inflammation benefits.
- Pre-condition 4-6 weeks before the peel, following a protocol that includes retinoic acid or a .5% or higher retinol product.
- Application of the peel can be tailored, based on patient’s tolerance level.
- Can be repeated every 3-4 weeks.
- Repeat 2-3 times per year for maintenance.
- Return to ZO protocol once skin recovers.